Happy Friday my loves! This was the first week of my 1/2 marathon training. I also moved this week, to a whole new city in a different county, over 1.5 hours away from my last house. So this is no across-town move, it was a major ordeal. This move has been crazy… but I have been keeping with my training! I have learned a few things this week:
1. I need to remember that I am not at the beach anymore! It is about 20 degrees cooler here on average then our last home. No more 65 degree mornings. 45 degrees is what I am running in and I need to dress accordingly.
1. I need to remember to turn Runkeeper off when I am finished. I am killing my Pace Average when I leave it on for 24 hours after a run. Ugh. I am not even logging those into Runkeeper because I feel like an idiot. But then I go and tell you guys about it… so I should have logged one so I would have at least had a photo for this post!
2. I cannot run with my German Shepherd, Kara. I love that dog, but man. She is afraid of every dog that barks. Every time she is running along side of me and another dog barks, she darts to the opposite side of me… and tangles the leash around my calves. I almost ate pavement HARD yesterday. Ugh, no thanks. I will let the hubby walk her, it seems safer for us all. Which is ironic because I was running with her for protection… but she is unsafe to run with. Bummer!
The map below shows exactly where she tried to take me down. As you can see from the map, I had a different path mapped for this run, but after the “mishap” – X marks the spot! – I decided to turn around and go home.
3. I need a running partner. I am enjoying the fitness aspect, but my most enjoyable runs, best paces, and longest runs happen with other people. So, on Sunday I will be running with a friend! Whoohoo! I will let you guys know how it goes!
How is your New Year training going?
Latest posts by april (see all)
- 6 Delicious Green Smoothies for Saint Patrick’s Day - March 7, 2014
- Looking for Profile contributors - February 26, 2014
- My Alternate Workout Routine with dealing with a Sprained Ankle - February 21, 2014